Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow linux with kernel 1.3.39 somewhere in 94 or 95? . It's not the current snowlinux distribution. It's snow linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by osmotr View Post
      Debian Woody
      Red hat 5.2 but it was extremely outdated at that time. The first distro I really di somthing with was debian Woody or Potato.

Comment

• Caldera OpenLinux 1.2 ;-)

Yes, from what eventually became SCO and sued them all.

Then, SuSE 6.1, Debian slink, OpenBSD, MirBSD ☻

Comment

• Originally posted by mirabilos View Post
          Caldera OpenLinux 1.2 ;-)

Yes, from what eventually became SCO and sued them all.

Then, SuSE 6.1, Debian slink, OpenBSD, MirBSD ☻
          Caldera did not become SCO, as SCO was founded in 1979. Linus himself was only 10 years old then, so his Linux project was still a number of years off from even starting.

Comment

• I remember playing around with an early copy of RedHat pre millennium but in 2000 I started using Mandrake for Uni and switched to Gentoo a few years later and stuck with that ever since

Comment

• I played around with Debian in about 2001 but never kept it, some of my hardware just didn't work so played with it for a couple of days but always found the need to boot back into windows. The first distro I actually used properly was Fedora Core 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Frederick View Post
                Caldera did not become SCO, as SCO was founded in 1979. Linus himself was only 10 years old then, so his Linux project was still a number of years off from even starting.
                SCO was one of the earliest and most successful Linux on Intel vendors, but they were clearly in trouble after Linux began to rise. Caldera was an innovative Linux vendor that came up in the mid 90s. I loved the tetris game they featured in their installer. Caldera bought the sinking SCO in 2000, and changed their name from Caldera to SCO. In 2003 the clueless suits hatched a get rich quick scheme, trying to extort Linux users, and in the end, they ended up bankrupt. So, in a sense, Caldera did become SCO. Look it up - the truth is out there.
                Last edited by david_lynch; 10 October 2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• What Was Your First Linux Distribution

My first tweet was about my new forum. Mostly, I was just thanking those people who had joined the forum and asking them to invite friends to the forum. What was your first tweet about?

Comment

• RedHat 5.2/Debian 2.0/Mandrake 5.2

------------

Best Linux Distribution in 2015

Comment

• RedHat 5.2/Suse 6.0

Comment

Working...
                      X