Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 Released

Phoronix: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 Released

Back in April there was the first beta release of RHEL 6.0 and today Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 has officially entered the world...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

k

Now to wait for CentOS 6.

Comment

This is a big deal. I hope they sell tons of licenses so they can keep paying the salaries of all the folks that work on the free desktop.

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy an official RHEL 6 license for my server, but I will probably look to migrating to CentOS 6.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
        This is a big deal. I hope they sell tons of licenses so they can keep paying the salaries of all the folks that work on the free desktop.

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy an official RHEL 6 license for my server, but I will probably look to migrating to CentOS 6.
        They don't sell licenses, they sell subscriptions which is a big difference. RHEL 6 is a free update to all RHEL 5 subscribers. This means that they don't have to convince existing users to upgrade like Microsoft has to, and they get paid whether or not the user upgrades. As long as RHEL 6 doesn't drive away existing customers, Red Hat will be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X