Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by movieman View Post
    The Meego web site says the x86 version requires SSE3
    That said, I just double-checked and couldn't find where I'd previously read that it required SSE3; so I may be hallucinating .

Comment

Ah, I see the problem: it's _S_SSE3, not SSE3, which apparently is Intel-only at the moment:

Surely Intel could have come up with a better name that's not so easy to confuse with yet another of their acronyms?

Comment

Here, let me fix this for you: s3e3.

Comment

edit: nevermind

Comment

I was going to try it out last night, but seems there's no way to get it to run in Virtualbox: it installs, but locks up after rebooting. If they're trying to get developers using it, then I'd have thought that being able to run in a VM would be a pretty high priority to make it easy to test.

Comment

Enable PAE/NX from System->Processor->Extended Features or dry meego sdk:

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
                Enable PAE/NX from System->Processor->Extended Features or dry meego sdk:
                http://wiki.meego.com/Getting_starte..._SDK_for_Linux
                You need to enable PAE for the installer to run, but it won't then boot after it's installed... the chroot process looks way too complex to bother with just for testing it out.

Comment

Can you go to virtual manager on it alt+F1? if you find a way to kill /usr/sbin/uxlaunch, then u could try to srat X with starx

It seems to be that it requires intel graphics card as well.(no gma500, ati, nvidia, s3, via etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
                    Can you go to virtual manager on it alt+F1? if you find a way to kill /usr/sbin/uxlaunch, then u could try to srat X with starx

It seems to be that it requires intel graphics card as well.(no gma500, ati, nvidia, s3, via etc.)
                    Someone mentioned ALT+F1 but it didn't seem to do anything . I assumed they meant CTRL+ALT+F1 to switch to a different virtual terminal, but that's intercepted by the host operating system and not passed through to the emulator.

I'm guessing that if I could get a usable video driver in there it would probably work, but perhaps they have hard-coded the launcher for Intel graphics.

Comment

Hmh which version of virtualbox do you have, maybe it requires newest 3.20. Atleast there is one got it working with that:

Maybe just maybe it has something to do with this:
                      3D support: added OpenGL 2.1 support
                      Meego needs 3d or it won't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X