No announcement yet.

Mac OS X 10.6.3 vs. Windows 7 vs. Ubuntu 10.04 Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have registered just to point out that these tests may be flawed, at least those run under OS X.

See my own results (same OS, same games and settings, same GPU, a slightly faster CPU and more RAM):

3 to 4x higher frame rates at low res, which seems more on par with performance under Windows 7. There is something wrong with the published results, maybe their Mac mini went out of RAM during some of the runs under OS X.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanlain View Post
      3 to 4x higher frame rates at low res, which seems more on par with performance under Windows 7. There is something wrong with the published results, maybe their Mac mini went out of RAM during some of the runs under OS X.
      If OS X is such a RAM eater there's nothing wrong with the tests. They test out of the box performance. Ubuntu had composition enabled, so I could say the same - tests are flawed, but only when they'll judge which system has better 3D (like some misleading title and intro of another article) - not when they just benchmark out of the box performance. Afaik there were some regressions fixed in os x updates.

Comment

Working...
      X