No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Gets A New Theme, Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Mac OS X 10.04 ... ... hey, wait!

Comment

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
      Welcome to Mac OS X 10.04 ... ... hey, wait!
      correct thats what I thought.

But really, who cares about this I will change such things either way.

Comment

osx meets linux mint.... This is sad...

Comment

Not sure why Ubuntu decided to clone Mac OS X now. It doesn't look any better (in my opinion) and can only create more confusion for users.
          Rob
          email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
            Put the window buttons on the right and the title in the middle and I won't complain more...
            ++

I'm looking forward to the new theme, just please, please make it trivial to keep the buttons to the right.

I also think the Humanity icon theme looks out of place with the new color scheme. The icons themselves are beautiful, but they feel out of place on those screenshots (too saturated).

Myself, I'll probably keep using the "New Wave" theme, which I find looks significantly better than the (admittedly ugly) Karmic theme and slightly better than those screenshots. Interestingly, everyone I know uses New Wave, too , so I hope it's still available out of the box on Lucid.

Comment

Personally I find the window buttons to be inconsistent in look and feel to the rest of the theme... actually even in the bar along the top the icon-o-graphy is quite inconsistent in feel.

While I like the intent behind the rebranding, and much of the thinking... the inconsistencies in the theme make it feel amateurish.

(Note I'm staying away from the actual look or colour of any particular element, because that is personal and perhaps regional... although it certainly doesn't feel very 2010 in terms of the state of graphic design right now)

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
                Put the window buttons on the right and the title in the middle and I won't complain more...
                ... or they may screw sth else making you complain even more ...

Comment

At least it's doesn't look like doodie anymore.

Comment

I agree with Kano although I thought they are trying to get away from the brown. Am I wrong? It seems like their main desktop color now is orange?

But, what is with the purple?!?!? Brown and purple?!? Ack! Orange and purple?!? Ack, again! Who is in charge of those changes?!?

What is their aversion to....blue, say? Orange and blue... that would go well together, imho. I think a lot of Ubuntu users change their default desktop colors to something else so why are they going with more bad combinations? They just want it to look different than other distros' no matter what?

I use Ubuntu more nowadays but I have been using Kubuntu previously so I'm used to 'the blue.' I might use Xubuntu though when I eventually install Lucid. 'Not sure yet. I wouldn't keep the Ubuntu defaults, though.....no 'vay...

Comment

The colors in Ubuntu 9.10 are really understated. I don't think anyone could be put off by the amount of brown that's on screen at the moment. It's basically a 10px high bar on a window. The rest is all beige.

Comment

Working...
                      X