Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentoo Will Celebrate 10th Birthday With LiveDVD

Phoronix: Gentoo Will Celebrate 10th Birthday With LiveDVD

Last year Gentoo canceled their 2008 release plans to focus on putting out just one release per year, while in years past they had put out as many as four releases per calendar year. There has not been a new official release of Gentoo since July of 2008, albeit they are one of the distributions to use a rolling release approach, but in honor of their tenth birthday they have begun work on a new LiveDVD. Gentoo has been producing timed snapshots of their installation media, but this will be the first Gentoo release in 2009.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Jesus... just put some js script for displaying those images !

Comment

Gentoo FTW

And yes... do something for the images, its not practical to click-load-see-back and again for each one...

Comment

in fact, the first version of enoch was released in MAY 1999, but it is the renaming to gentoo and the creation of portage that is now going to be celebrated.

Comment

there was alot of debate abt when the anniversary would occur and the date the settled on was downto other factors

These are the screenshots that have been submitted for the Gentoo10 screenshot contest. Some really good customisation of the desktop

Whatever anyone says abt gentoo it still is cutting edge (bash4 stable, python3 stuff starting to creep in...) and silly flexable.
          You either love or hate gentoo.

I for one <3 it and look forward to my 10th anniversary of using gentoo in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
            I for one <3 it and look forward to my 10th anniversary of using gentoo in 2013
            Shit, you are 1 year before me

Comment

They really need that qtgtk translation program because those GTK apps on KDE look really shite.

Comment

Uhm, Michael, what is "Gentoo Ten" actually? AFAIK, there's no such thing. Gentoo is always "Gentoo Now". There's no "ten" or "eleven" or whatever. Same as Arch Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Uhm, Michael, what is "Gentoo Ten" actually? AFAIK, there's no such thing. Gentoo is always "Gentoo Now". There's no "ten" or "eleven" or whatever. Same as Arch Linux.
                  Then you'd better go tell Gentoo to fix the page on their site Michael linked to in the article...

Comment

"Gentoo 10" is explained in the (phoronix) article too.

Comment

Working...
                    X