X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    val-gaav

• val-gaav
    replied
    That kind of sucks because it will be just one month away ...

Anyway I remember some ubuntu LTS shipped a beta release of Firefox, so KDE may also happen...

besides, since 4.2 betas and rc of kde are quite stable.

Leave a comment:

• thefirstm

• thefirstm
    replied
    Yep, there is always a PPA maintained with the latest version of KDE, even for older versions of Kubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• krazy

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
    that gives some hope for kde 4.5 in it ... At least some rc or beta and then upgrades after release...
    It would be nice because kubuntu is always released with already a 3 month old kde release if it slips by 2 months then it's just one month left for final 4.5 ...
    I doubt it - it's supposed to be a LTS, so won't have KDE beta in it. They always provide a repo for upgrading though.

Leave a comment:

• val-gaav

• val-gaav
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Mark has said that they will delay it two months for 10.06 if they need the time.
    that gives some hope for kde 4.5 in it ... At least some rc or beta and then upgrades after release...
    It would be nice because kubuntu is always released with already a 3 month old kde release if it slips by 2 months then it's just one month left for final 4.5 ...
    val-gaav
    Last edited by val-gaav; 20 September 2009, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thefirstm

• thefirstm
    replied
    Yes. It is not working though. I like being able to customize my system to work the way I like it. GNOME is getting more and more like the Mac.

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla

• lordmozilla
    replied
    Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
    GNOME 3.0 in an LTS release...... This sounds like putting KDE 4.0 in an LTS release. Wait! They didn't do that! They stripped Kubuntu 8.04 of its LTS status!
    Ever considered Gnome 3.0 is a little marketing ploy to try and win back some KDE 4 users?

Leave a comment:

• thefirstm

• thefirstm
    replied
    GNOME 3.0 in an LTS release...... This sounds like putting KDE 4.0 in an LTS release. Wait! They didn't do that! They stripped Kubuntu 8.04 of its LTS status!

Leave a comment:

• MKdx

• MKdx
    replied
    I like Lynxes. Glad the name didn't get wasted somewhere

Leave a comment:

• tmpdir

• tmpdir
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Now, who wants to bet on when Lynx will ship? I'm betting on mid-June.
    I'm in... end may.

Leave a comment:

• JeanPaul145

• JeanPaul145
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Mark has said that they will delay it two months for 10.06 if they need the time.
    Smart move in my opinion. Hardy had some major faults when it first came out, not in the least pulseaudio integration and the fact that FF3 was still in beta when it was released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X