Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft's Azure Linux 2.0 Update Ships Dozens Of Security Patches, Adds Azl-Compliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's Azure Linux 2.0 Update Ships Dozens Of Security Patches, Adds Azl-Compliance

Phoronix: Microsoft's Azure Linux 2.0 Update Ships Dozens Of Security Patches, Adds Azl-Compliance

Microsoft's in-house Linux distribution, Azure Linux (nee CBL-Mariner), is out with a new update. In the first new stable release for Azure Linux 2.0 since late April, the Azure Linux 2.0.20240609 update ships with dozens of security fixes to address a wide range of CVEs as well as bringing various bug fixes and other updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Microsoft Linux!

Comment

Will be Windows 13 based on Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
        It really wouldn't surprise me. Use Linux as a hypervisor with Windows ran in containers. It'd make Windows a lot more robust since there'd be an entire other OS to restart everything in case shit happens. They'd even be able to convert WSL over to containers which would make Windows start being a competitor to things like OmniOS, Proxmox, and SmartOS and allow it to be better used as a Cloud OS hoster and provider as well as it'd be an OS for desktops, terminals, embedded, and workstations. Need to use a competing OS? We provide that. It's as simple as "wsl3 install rhel9" or "wsl3 start suse-desktop". Don't need to use the Windows desktop? Use our web enabled backend to configure the underlying Azure OS from any installed Container to select which one you'll use by default.

Microsoft Windows powered by Azure.
        The reliability of Linux with the powerful Windows software you know and love.

That just sells itself.

Comment

Ramping up the EEE, I see.

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'm normally not against MS Linux efforts, just wanted to be ahead of the EEE posts this time. )

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
            It probably wouldn't solve any actual problem. Windows would still be as user hostile and spyware-laden as ever.

Comment

Working...
            X