Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serpent OS Close To Having A System Installer & Being Able To Test On Real Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to Ikey Doherty abandoning the project once it becomes stable and too boring for him.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Ikey Doherty abandoning the project once it becomes stable and too boring for him.
      Yeap, that guy is really good at building distributions. If he was not, then nobody would care whether or not he is off to try out new things somewhere else:-)

Comment

I still don't understand what this project is trying to achieve. I read their about, and no clue. A lot of random generic buzzwords and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
          I still don't understand what this project is trying to achieve. I read their about, and no clue. A lot of random generic buzzwords and that's about it.
          What's so hard to understand?

Right from the About page:

The key details you'll want to know

Serpent OS is building a pioneering Linux distribution, with a focus on cutting-edge technologies to streamline performance and developer workflow. This enables users to get things done while reducing friction for users to contribute. We make the same tools that we use available to you to ensure you get the best experience.

Goals

Take control of your computer
          Get the most from your hardware
          Enjoy a reliable experience
          Improve your experience behind the scenes
          Develop and contribute quickly and efficiently
          Be part of a thriving community
          Have fun while interacting with other users and contributors​
          Basically it's a steaming pile of horse feathers, like all Linux vendors.

I'm reminded of a commercial that used to run for an injury lawyer, the actor would look at the camera and say "If you're injured, we will fight to get you every penny you deserve...or we'll go to court!".

As he said it he would gibe like a stern nod and a smile to the camera.

The obvious question is how exactly is this any different from what every other lawyer will do?

Same this with this guy's About page, every distro makes the same promise, there is literally nothing unique about this one.

Of course, this is true of all distros, you tried one, you have tried them all.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
            Of course, this is true of all distros, you tried one, you have tried them all.
            so nixos, gentoo, steamos, openwrt, microos are all the same? enough to learn one of them to know the others?

thanks for your insight. i now have a completly different view on linux.

Comment

Working...
            X