X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dkasak
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    Oh, I did move on long ago - to KDE, and haven't looked back. You sound like an unhappy person. I hope you can find your path some day.
    Me unhappy? Nah mate. You're the troll that can't get over what Gnome did to you. I'm just calling you out I found my path long ago. Keep looking, you'll find yours too some day.

Leave a comment:

• slalomsk8er
    replied
    Originally posted by mavit View Post
    The wallpaper is a mistake, by the way. It's a placeholder that was intended to be replaced before the final release, but the artist missed the deadline.
    That explains a lot. It looks similar to the 34 wallpaper but way less refined.

Leave a comment:

• George99
    replied
    Just checked a local ftp server and yes, Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-40-1.14.iso has already materialized.

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    Originally posted by Rovano View Post
    Lots of updates today. I didn't expect it when the release is around the corner.
    This happens every cycle, it's called the zero-day update push. After we sync the signed-off, frozen release media and repos out to the mirrors ahead of release, we do a big push of all the updates that were queued for stable but held back by the release freeze, which we refer to as the 0-day updates. So you always get a big bump of updates just before release day, it's not new.

Leave a comment:

• mavit
    replied
    The wallpaper is a mistake, by the way. It's a placeholder that was intended to be replaced before the final release, but the artist missed the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
    I must say, Plasma 6 is boring ... ly perfect. I knew it already though.
    Of course it is, just 24+ thousands of open bug reports and people keep throwing 20 Euro donations at them like it was 200 Euro donations, so of course you will see the impact.

Leave a comment:

• User29
    replied

There are many changes here and there like disk partitions, grub configuration, hostname settings, etc. You will just figure those out I am sure. I had to modify my bashrc configuration and a bunch of other scripts too. That was also easy. There was no nonsense though, just the system is a bit different. I like it so far and will stay on Fedora.
    I have all my stuff on git and deployed with ansible. even for my actual desktop. I think there's going to be some PRs soon then

Leave a comment:

• mrg666
    replied
    Originally posted by User29 View Post

Same here. I'm distro hopping like hell. Ubuntu, Arch, Catchy, FreeBSD, etc. etc. But I've never tried Fedora (at least I don't remember) until recently. F39 is actually nice and totally usable. I expect the same from F40.
    There are many changes here and there like disk partitions, grub configuration, hostname settings, etc. You will just figure those out I am sure. I had to modify my bashrc configuration and a bunch of other scripts too. That was also easy. There was no nonsense though, just the system is a bit different. I like it so far and will stay on Fedora.

Leave a comment:

• User29
    replied
    I think I am becoming a Fedora convert after so many years with ...
    Same here. I'm distro hopping like hell. Ubuntu, Arch, Catchy, FreeBSD, etc. etc. But I've never tried Fedora (at least I don't remember) until recently. F39 is actually nice and totally usable. I expect the same from F40.

Leave a comment:

• woddy
    replied
    Originally posted by cynic View Post

It's not like you're imposed to use a particolar distro with a particular DE.
    Moreover, freedom of choice is for developers too: they should be free to develop what they want in the way they want
    This seems obvious to me, but they were talking about how stupid it is for some to put icons on the desktop and I gave my point of view. Gnome is free to make its own choices and I'm free to use anything else. But don't make users who don't appreciate Gnome guidelines look stupid.‚Äč

Leave a comment:

Working...
X