No announcement yet.

Fedora Linux 40 Cleared For Release Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just jumping with joy at this announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      The official reason is that it is too much trouble to maintain the code needed for this functionality.

I kid you not, I will try and find the link where the Gnome devs said it was too much trouble to maintain three lines of code.
      Sounds par for the course. They lost so many users with the disastrous Gnome 3 release, and still haven't managed to win them back. Sorry Gnome, it's not me, it's you.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post

I always follow this: https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/Multimedia

Then I install something like mpv, which plays everything I throw at it.
        Mesa from RPM Fusion breaks sometimes. Less frequent than build delay issues with Mesa packages from Packman on OpenSUSE, but the whole gimped codecs thing absolutely sucks on every impacted distro.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post

Yeahhh.. I'm no expert on licensing and photography.
          But can't they just pay some photographers to shoot and edit some decent pics or something?
          Hell perhaps people would do it for free just for the honor of having their pics added as wallpaper.
          I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes that watercolor styled image.

They don't even have to pay. There's a lot of free photographs licensed for any and all use. There's also a lot of Fedora users with cameras and/or artistic skills so Fedora could start having wallpaper contests for all sorts of artistic mediums.

But if Fedora does want to pay, I just happen to have a Pentax KF and the free time to become a travel photographer

Comment

Fedora 40 looks like a great release.. Looking forward to upgrading from F39.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes that watercolor styled image.
              No you're not. I like it also. I also like the new KDE Plasma 6 wallpaper. Bottom line, if someone doesn't like the wallpaper, it is extremely simple to change it. Anyone can grab a random photo on the web. The fact that someone took the time to create some artwork is a nice thing. They volunteered to do it. It's a bit unseemly to criticize their contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                Sounds par for the course. They lost so many users with the disastrous Gnome 3 release, and still haven't managed to win them back. Sorry Gnome, it's not me, it's you.
                <yawn> ... are you STILL butthurt from that? Wow, a normal person would have moved on by now

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
                  And they’re back to hideous children’s drawing wallpapers lol
                  They do open up submissions for wallpapers for each release. You should submit your own variant and see if others like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
                    <yawn> ... are you STILL butthurt from that? Wow, a normal person would have moved on by now
                    Oh, I did move on long ago - to KDE, and haven't looked back. You sound like an unhappy person. I hope you can find your path some day.

Comment

Thanks to all the Fedora and beyond-Fedora people who made this release happen! Mahalo nui loa!

Comment

Working...
                      X