X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightDot
    replied
    Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    I dont know why, but always had problem with rpms [i know it was long ago, but it was for like 2-3 years constant for me] never had larger problems with debs tho.
    Well, it's hard to pinpoint, it's likely that you've had a intermittently failing keyboard and a squeeky chair, and a problem somewhere in between.

Why dont we unify packages? "de(b)rp(m)" as .DERP and everyone happy?
    I honestly think that the name for the new package format is awesome, I'd contribute code just because of it!

We could go "derp herp derp derp derp herp derp derp" at all those that will keep using rpm and deb..!

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    I dont know why, but always had problem with rpms [i know it was long ago, but it was for like 2-3 years constant for me] never had larger problems with debs tho.

Why dont we unify packages? "de(b)rp(m)" as .DERP and everyone happy?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    I thought 6.9 would be the hands free release

Leave a comment:

• spicfoo
    replied
    Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
    what has happened to rpm5? that was somehow in the news a decade or so ago now it's all gone quiet
    RPM5 (and RPM6), the forks led by Jeff Johnson has been dead for years. He was a hard developer to work with. Everyone moved back to RPM 4.

Leave a comment:

• FluxTape
    replied
    Blaze it

Leave a comment:

• szymon_g
    replied
    what has happened to rpm5? that was somehow in the news a decade or so ago now it's all gone quiet

Leave a comment:

• npwx
    replied
    As a Fedora user, just wondering, what was the last thing Fedora did except updating a bunch of packages? Update the compiler flags to include frame pointers? Sure, this particular one might have some more internal impact than your usual Gnome update. But I feel like Fedora releases have become nothing more than a regular update of a bunch of software packages.

Leave a comment:

• Noitatsidem
    replied
    Fedora storming forward as always. I'd be tempted to switch if I wasn't so happy with Nixos.

Leave a comment:

• Creak
    replied
    Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post
    It should be noted that RPM 4.20 also removes some existing syntax which will *require* changes to existing spec files.
    This is addressed in the proposed change (#Upgrade/compatibility impact). It only affects the spec files that are using the already deprecated syntax "%patchN", which represents a bit over 1000 files (which is not a lot compare to the total amount of spec files), and they'll be updated before the 4.20 release takes place.
    Last edited by Creak; 17 April 2024, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Michael

typo

"declrarative" should be "declarative"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X