Red Hat's Plymouth Sees New Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Louise

I don't know how to install grub2 in an image, but grub1 is possilbe this way:

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      @Louise

I don't know how to install grub2 in an image, but grub1 is possilbe this way:

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11653
      I think I use grub1 as well.
      Code:
      [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa|grep -i grub
      grub-0.97-13.2
      [root@localhost ~]#
      but I don't have --device-map

Does this install stage1?
      Code:
      grub --device-map=/dev/null --batch <<EOT
      device (hd0) /dev/loop0
      root (hd0,0)
      EOT

Comment

You forgot a few commands, as you loop mount the device then copy stage1/2 and THEN you use that grub command. Read better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by hubick View Post
          All I know is, when I booted Fedora 11 and it decided to scan/verify my hard disk, the graphical boot just sat there like something in the background had locked up, with no status messages or anything. I removed "rhgb" from my grub.conf and that was the last of it. The text boot might not be as pretty, but at least it lets me know WTF is going on.
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can press 'esc' to switch to and from text mode when booting in graphics mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            You forgot a few commands, as you loop mount the device then copy stage1/2 and THEN you use that grub command. Read better next time.
            I understood those, so I just pasted the part that I hadn't seen before.

What I don't understand is what happens when those 4 lines are executed.

Comparing the first 446 bytes of stage1 with first 446 bytes of MBR gives that they are not the same.

I would have expected that.

Comment

Working...
            X