Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Linux 39 Released As A Wonderful Upgrade For Leading Workstations & Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by copyleft View Post

winblows ui?
    That UI structure predates winblows
    nah.
    KDE was founded 1996, based on win95. for friends of start button/taskbar ui.

Comment

again, microshit did not invent this desktop structure. It existed before winblows
      I wasnt talking about who invented them, I was talking about the type of people who use them. 30+ years gone by now, all the patents have expired.

Im a fairly recent convert to the gnome/mac ui. I prefer it. It's also good to have choices.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
        Im a fairly recent convert to the gnome/mac ui. I prefer it.
        Gnome is an excellent desktop environment. For people who have no desire to ever do anything productive.

Comment

downloading kde spin, going very slowly
          obviously there is a great demand for kde spin as it is most used desktop.

Gnomes on life support
          than use torrents.

from the other hand, why torrents are so hidden on the website is beyond me

Comment

On your first point that is huge oversimplication and simply wrong. Most linux users are tech savy people who tried various operating system and they are not bound by "what they used before linux".
            They are two very different UI design principles.
            win/kde is based on a start button/taskbar.
            gnome and mac are based on zero "desktop clutter" with favourite applications and optimised task switching.
            On your second point, that you converted to gnome
            Its awesome tbh. My favourite is

So much so that I can never go back to a start button/taskbar

Just testing F39 in a Oracle Virtual Box now full backup and upgrade soon since it already looks like FC40 is going to be a no go.
            Last edited by mSparks; 07 November 2023, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SViN View Post
              Reading the changeset apparently you just need to to put inst.sdboot on the kernel boot parameters of the installer.
              I would also recommend you make a larger efi partition
              Okay - thanks for the heads up! I will look into this more in a bit, do my "homework" first.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                And the Redhat / Fedora and Ubuntu and Debian folks all just are to stubborn to switch from this Desktop that only 1% of linux users use and go to the great leading KDE / Plasma desktop that >90% of linux users use...
                On debian it's trivially easy to choose different desktops so the default doesn't mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                  Funny enough that KDE Folks call the desktop incorrectly KDE so even their fanboys can't accept the new name of the desktop.
                  Yeah that's kinda true. Although, could you imagine people saying they are an explorer.exe/NT user? Or a Quartz/Darwin user? Oh Linux, and the luxury of choice. At least when people say KDE, the meaning is clear.

Comment

pathetic microshit troll crying that beta is full of bugs.

Does cortana return your love? she helps you when you jerk off?
                    You better believe she does, but how did you find out? Has she been kissing and telling again? That naughty little minx.

The beta I tested was the one available just 2 days ago, and I hate to break to you but Fedora 38 is full of bugs as well, despite being out all this time.

You can rag on Windows and Microsoft all you want but the truth is, and i suspect you know it and are actually a Windows user, that Windows is a far superior Os than any Linux based distro.

Comment

oh look, butthurt gnome loser.
                      squeal more
                      Yes the one that makes a joke is the butthurt but the one that get hyper personal name calling not... I am such a loser...

Comment

Working...
                      X