Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Releases A Big Update To Windows Subsystem For Linux, New Experimental Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAINFIRE
    replied
    Last I checked OpenSSH wasn't fixed if installed by any method including Features in Win 10, 11, Server or WSL. The SSH Agent was broken effectively disabling passwordless SSH login by public/private key which is huge on the linux side. Broken unless they they fixed the OS part. Last I checked months ago, you still had to download and replace with Github version. In my humble opinion, WSL is a toy linux. Here's the fixed version:

Win32 port of OpenSSH. Contribute to PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH development by creating an account on GitHub.
    Last edited by RAINFIRE; 18 September 2023, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    I wonder how long before Microsoft releases a full, proper distro.

I also wonder if they did, how long it would be before the Linux faithful would complain that it sucks.

Leave a comment:

• justinkb
    replied
    I checked literally 3 hours ago to see if they updated their kernel and stuff lately. Missed this by one hour, wouldn't have checked again for weeks if it weren't for this article, cheers for that. Weird they still haven't moved the kernel to 6.1 yet when they've already tagged a release for that months ago. I've run that for a while without any problems, not sure why they haven't gone with it

Leave a comment:

• Microsoft Releases A Big Update To Windows Subsystem For Linux, New Experimental Options

Phoronix: Microsoft Releases A Big Update To Windows Subsystem For Linux, New Experimental Options

Microsoft has published a big feature update to Windows Subsystem for Linux "WSL" for running Linux binaries within the confines of Windows 11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X