Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 12 Is Codenamed Constantine

Phoronix: Fedora 12 Is Codenamed Constantine

After having gone to the community for looking at names, Red Hat has announced that the release of Fedora 12 will be codenamed Constantine. This name had the most votes and was approved by Red Hat's Legal department of being free of any potential issues...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Uh? Fedora is going to donate the whole Linux community to the Roman Catholic Church?

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
      Uh? Fedora is going to donate the whole Linux community to the Roman Catholic Church?
      Lets just keep the religion quips out of this please. We've already had one Jade in the forums and he was enough.

Comment

Ok, now I want Ubuntu Caesar or Ubuntu Asterix!

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Lets just keep the religion quips out of this please.
          I agree 100%. What happened to the separation of church and Fedora's state?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            I agree 100%. What happened to the separation of church and Fedora's state?
            Well it has little relevance. The theme for Fedora has been great historical leaders. Besides he even got the religion wrong. Constantine was baptized Orthodox on his death bed.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Well it has little relevance. The theme for Fedora has been great historical leaders. Besides he even got the religion wrong. Constantine was baptized Orthodox on his death bed.
              In 337 a.d. there was still no distinction between Catholic and Orthodox Churches.

Comment

what a stupid moronic name!

Comment

I'm actually a bit sruprised the name did not pose any copyrighnt infringement, wasn't there a famous novel, then made movie from writer Stephen King with that very same name as the title? I just hope computers loaded with it don't start acting wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                    In 337 a.d. there was still no distinction between Catholic and Orthodox Churches.
                    The importance, was the leader's turn from idolatry to christianity in general and not to orthodoxy specifically. So I suppose the choice of that name has to do with the adoption of a great change. Is there a great change planned for the next version of Fedora? If yes then I find it a right decision, if not then I suppose they could find a bunch of better names.

Comment

Working...
                    X