Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ehansin
    replied
    On a genuine serious note, does anyone know about the Limine bootloader that is mentioned in the article? I took a look and intend to read up and learn more. Looks like this some sort of evolution of the stivale and sivale2 boot protocols, which I never heard of before either I am happy to ditch Grub where I can, but wondering why I might want to use the Limine bootloader over say systemd-boot? I do often dual-boot with Windows if that matters here. Anyway, got me learning something new, was not aware.

Leave a comment:

• Torxed
    replied
    Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
    Does this support creating an install on btrfs with automatic snapper integration for packman / grub or similar on ZFS?
    It does create subvolumes that have worked with snapper in the past

Leave a comment:

• bachchain
    replied
    Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
    The biggest issue with Arch and distros based on Arch is not the installer, it's that ridiculous AUR that results in broken systems at the drop of a hat.
    DISCLAIMER: AUR packages are user produced content. Any use of the provided files is at your own risk.
    It's not their fault that you don't understand what the aur is.

Leave a comment:

• Termy
    replied
    Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
    it's that ridiculous AUR that results in broken systems at the drop of a hat.
    If you manage to break your system with an AUR-Package you are using it wrong. On multiple levels. Probably the System as well

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    The biggest issue with Arch and distros based on Arch is not the installer, it's that ridiculous AUR that results in broken systems at the drop of a hat.

Leave a comment:

• pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx
    replied
    Does this support creating an install on btrfs with automatic snapper integration for packman / grub or similar on ZFS?

Leave a comment:

• ehansin
    replied
    I was thinking of doing a minimal Arch install with Hyprland actually. I've done plenty of the standard Arch installations, happy to try out the installer again (have used before with a VM installation.) If this 2.6 installer gets released with the August ISO, I'll be good to go. I bet you are all happy to hear about this

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    If there are breakages, shouldn't that makes this a 3.0?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Typo:

Yep, it's actually called Hyprland.
    The very first Archinstall wasn't capitalized, either.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Hyperland window manager support as a desktop option,
    Yep, it's actually called Hyprland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X