Arch Linux Prepares For Repository Changes, Discontinuing SVN Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Linux Prepares For Repository Changes, Discontinuing SVN Access

Phoronix: Arch Linux Prepares For Repository Changes, Discontinuing SVN Access

This Friday is the planned Git packaging migration for the Arch Linux distribution that will see some repository splits as well as discontinuing SVN access...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it mean it will finally be possible to contribute via PRs/MRs?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      God I hope so! I wanted to make a PR to the Vivaldi package but I could not due to this.

Comment

I think so, yes.
        At least they will have all the pieces there.

Comment

On the one hand, it's convenient. On the other hand, news about GIT services is not always happy.

Comment

Yes, all individual package git repos will be hosted on Arch's GitLab instance. Merge requests will become available for regular users and the Arch team has also said that they will migrate their issue tracker over to GitLab, so package bug reports will be done in the same place.

This was talked about on their mailing list and on reddit.

Comment

Finally, I've never been able to contribute to Arch Linux because of how convoluted the whole process was and I've mostly focused on Gentoo despite still using Arch Linux on my laptop. That's some really good news.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Using an image showing an update to linux-5.10.x in an article about Arch. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Comment

SVN is slowly going to go the way CVS went. Arch Linux is the next relatively big player to migrate away from it.

Comment

Are they going to use Raymond's reposurgeon to do the transition?

Comment

Working...
                    X