Fedora 38 Beta Released With Many Exciting Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I understand there’s known issues and working going on to resolve them, but I have never had an out of the box Fedora install where gnome software works as intended, or in a performant manner
    To be clear, I didn't claim that PackageKit is free of other issues. Just that performance of GNOME Software isn't one of them. The performance fix in GNOME Software itself I linked to in the latest RC version of it (which should be in the current Fedora beta). So feel free to test that and provide feedback if you are interested.
    Last edited by RahulSundaram; 14 March 2023, 02:14 PM.

Comment

It has kernel 6.2 too.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Only if you don't care about installing RPM packages which I do. If you prefer the Flatpak model, you can be using Fedora Silverblue instead which doesn't use traditional RPM packages at all.
        Silverblue user here. You can actually install RPM packages on it, whether it is from Fedora's repos, COPRs or side loaded. It's not the primary intended model, but it's supported.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Silverblue user here. You can actually install RPM packages on it, whether it is from Fedora's repos, COPRs or side loaded. It's not the primary intended model, but it's supported.
          Yes, I am aware. I was referring just to what GNOME Software supports. For Silverblue, that's just Flatpaks by default. While GNOME Software itself ships with a ostree plugin to handle regular updates, there are some issues to be solved there as well. GNOME 44 is expected to resolve a few of them.
          Last edited by RahulSundaram; 15 March 2023, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X