Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incomplete Fedora 38 Changes Pushed Back, Including Dropping Legacy X.Org Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incomplete Fedora 38 Changes Pushed Back, Including Dropping Legacy X.Org Drivers

Phoronix: Incomplete Fedora 38 Changes Pushed Back, Including Dropping Legacy X.Org Drivers

With the Fedora Linux change completion deadline passed, the Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) has been eyeing up their approved list to see what didn't make the cut for Fedora 38 that is due out in April...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Adam Jackson still around ? since he was supposed to look after Legacy X.Org Drivers

Comment

Glad to see somebody interested in spending more money for newer hardware nowadays.

Rather than give old hardware to the Salvation Army, use it for target practice! Heard the nVidia cards were excellent targets.

Comment

I dropped Fedora from ALL of my machines over a decade ago. I did not encounter any delays in the process.

And I do not miss Fedora at all.

Comment

Fedora and FESCo are two running jokes: Always delaying, little providing.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
            I dropped Fedora from ALL of my machines over a decade ago. I did not encounter any delays in the process.

And replaced it with?

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

And replaced it with?
              ArchLinux?

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

And replaced it with?
                CP/M? One troll deserves another.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with Fedora with us -- even though it has absolutely nothing to do with content of the article.
                  We're all ecstatic that you managed to navigate your own path and that you didn't experience any delays in the process. Thank god for that.
                  Please keep us posted with any updates on your current situation. We're all dying to hear what you decide to do next.

Comment

I am so excited about the OSTree Native Container change, I really hope they are able to complete it in time for 38. It has the potential to completely change the way I use Silverblue, I might start to roll out my own images instead of overriding packages locally. This will have big implications for people spinning their own Silverblue-based OSes. Future looks bright, I can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X