Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incomplete Fedora 38 Changes Pushed Back, Including Dropping Legacy X.Org Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

CP/M? One troll deserves another.
    Please don't confuse trolling with joking

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

CP/M? One troll deserves another.
      hey! CP/M was great at his time

I've been introduced to a command line shell using CP/M on a Commodore 128!

Comment

Oh no, we got so many 64 bit systems with S3 Virge and ATI Rage PCI graphics that we absolutely cannot remove these 'legacy' xorg drivers. What the actual f'ck?!

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
          I dropped Fedora from ALL of my machines over a decade ago. I did not encounter any delays in the process.

And I do not miss Fedora at all.
          Well, good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
            I am so excited about the OSTree Native Container change, I really hope they are able to complete it in time for 38. It has the potential to completely change the way I use Silverblue, I might start to roll out my own images instead of overriding packages locally. This will have big implications for people spinning their own Silverblue-based OSes. Future looks bright, I can't wait.
            Do they got the binary diffs fixed. I don't want to download a new image for every change.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
              I am so excited about the OSTree Native Container change, I really hope they are able to complete it in time for 38. It has the potential to completely change the way I use Silverblue, I might start to roll out my own images instead of overriding packages locally. This will have big implications for people spinning their own Silverblue-based OSes. Future looks bright, I can't wait.
              I'm more and more considering experimenting with building SilverBlue/CoreOs custom OSes.
              I'm not completely clear about some parts of the process though and implied possibilities, would you be able to enlighten me on the following :
              At the end of the road of the custom immutable fedora system, would I be able to "git" all and every stacks and versions ever deployed to a specific server system ?
              Thus being able to precisely document and rebuild it at any previous state given I can still access relevant repos & other needed sources ?

(How) Does the OSTree change talked about for f38/39 is somewhat related ?

(hard questions ? )

Comment

Working...
              X