No announcement yet.

Fedora 38 Cleared To Produce "Mobility Phosh" Spins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great. Phosh is very promising and fedora works really well for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
      Very important I think, as far as I understand is the linux phone experience not that great currently, I just fear that most problems are on the driver end so I am not sure if that can help there.
      For those with x86 tablets probably won't have those issues because those usually use Intel iGPUs, the thing comes with ARM hardware, and ARM lacks a standardized platform making it difficult to run a mainline kernel unlike x86, and GPU driver-wise are usually even worse than NVIDIA in that regard.

Comment

It may be a little confusing but this isnt the gnome mobile I want to play with on arm.

Still good that it is getting an edition, but for me, I look forward to using the gnome-shell version in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by bgkillas View Post

imo the pinephone/pinephone pro are very nice phones the issues are mostly non kernel stuff at this point however i dont see linux phones ever being mainstreamed
          That is a good thing, at least to me a established niche is a lot better to be in then mainstream. With mainstream comes the commercial world that follows it around which ruins everything it touches.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
            I wish I could like phosh, I just want a nice and familiar UI. home button, multi view, and back.

universal back button I wish we had anyways.
            You want phosh, but only if it is like Android or Windows Phone, got it.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Driver or hardware? I think the Purism phone only can run for few hours before running out of battery.
              My Librem 5 runs for about 9 hours with minimal usage and that's without enabling the experimental support for suspend. That's not good enough for me, but once suspend is fully supported it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

You want phosh, but only if it is like Android or Windows Phone, got it.
                I find that plasma mobile is the closest Ux for me, though plasma mobile has it's own large slew of issues too. so right now I dont really find any of them suitable for me

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Great! Hopefully this means more GNOME mobile testers.

Typo:
                  i cant see it going far, well not into Australia anyway. will there be a " Gnome Store " ? prolly not .

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
                    It may be a little confusing but this isnt the gnome mobile I want to play with on arm.

Still good that it is getting an edition, but for me, I look forward to using the gnome-shell version in a few months.
                    I test gnome-shell-on-mobile(not phosh) on pmOS on a librem5 since a few days and it feels really good. Still a bit rough and does crash sometimes. So nothing for day to day use yet but much smoother from the look and feel compared to phosh.

Need to test how the battery life is compared to phosh as i use it so far only without battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

I find that plasma mobile is the closest Ux for me, though plasma mobile has it's own large slew of issues too. so right now I dont really find any of them suitable for me
                      As I said, something like Android or Windows Phone, and plasma mobile is a strange mix of both of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X