Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 38 Cleared To Produce "Mobility Phosh" Spins

Phoronix: Fedora 38 Cleared To Produce "Mobility Phosh" Spins

The Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) has provided their blessing to begin creating new x86_64 and AArch64 ISO images for mobile devices that feature the Phosh Wayland compositor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great! Hopefully this means more GNOME mobile testers.

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Fedora's Mobility SIG already packaged up Phosh and related packages into a "phosh-desktop" package groun and this approval

Comment

It may seem like a odd use-case but I am looking forward to trying the x86_64 version on Steam Deck.

Comment

Very important I think, as far as I understand is the linux phone experience not that great currently, I just fear that most problems are on the driver end so I am not sure if that can help there.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
          Very important I think, as far as I understand is the linux phone experience not that great currently, I just fear that most problems are on the driver end so I am not sure if that can help there.
          Driver or hardware? I think the Purism phone only can run for few hours before running out of battery.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
            imo the pinephone/pinephone pro are very nice phones the issues are mostly non kernel stuff at this point however i dont see linux phones ever being mainstreamed

Comment

great i want a pinephone pro "Mobility Phosh" edition.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Driver or hardware? I think the Purism phone only can run for few hours before running out of battery.
                I don't know about the librem phones, but I'm typing this on a OnePlus 6 running on PostmarketOS with GNOME mobile. The ecosystem is abysmal, and the phone has poor driver support outside of the essentials, but the hardware itself performs wonderfully and with perfectly acceptable battery life. (except the lack of hw acceleration in firefox because freedreno isn't whitelisted)

Comment

Originally posted by bgkillas View Post

imo the pinephone/pinephone pro are very nice phones the issues are mostly non kernel stuff at this point however i dont see linux phones ever being mainstreamed
                  I don't care if it is mainstreamed linux desktop is probably not mainstreamed so that is a complete non-argument for every linux user.

But crashes and low battery time and basic functionality should be there at least and when I listen to all the youtubers it's not.

Comment

I wish I could like phosh, I just want a nice and familiar UI. home button, multi view, and back.

universal back button I wish we had anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X