Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 12 "Bookworm" Installer Alpha 1 Released

Phoronix: Debian 12 "Bookworm" Installer Alpha 1 Released

The first alpha release of the Debian Installer to be used by Debian 12 "Bookworm" is now available for early testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will it come with a newer kernel than 5.19 when it will be released?
    I wish Debian would come also with PipeWire installed by default.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      There is 78 language translations for the DI Bookwork Alpha 1 release
      Bookwork? Is that correct?

Comment

Maybe Debian has the less amount of spywares included in its products by default: geoclue should be the only. Others are features of applications. For instance, Network Manager has the feature "connectivity-check" (it's also a spyware without any doubt).

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox

Installed bookworm couple weeks back, & pipewire was installed along with kde 5.25.4.
          As for the kernel, Debian starts the freeze process sometime January/Februrary, So the 6.0 line might not make it in time for stable.
          Thanks for the reply!

How did you manage to to install bookworm, where did you find the ISO?
          Was the iso also coming with KDE or you installed afterwards?
          Is this one good?

I find the Debian website insanely bad for finding the ISO files and the right ones.

Comment

Let's hope this time the installer supports configuring bonding finally...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
              Will it come with a newer kernel than 5.19 when it will be released?
              I wish Debian would come also with PipeWire installed by default.
              Debian 12 (probably) will have the latest LTS kernel, probably 6.0 or 6.1. There is no announcement yet which Linux version will be next LTS.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLief
                *Sigh*, I literally just installed Debian Testing on a new machine like 2 days ago
                apt-get dist-upgrade? What's the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by gosh000 View Post

Debian 12 (probably) will have the latest LTS kernel, probably 6.0 or 6.1. There is no announcement yet which Linux version will be next LTS.
                  That would be great!

I hope that it will be 6.1, I don't mind to wait more for it.

Comment

Hilarious to see people complaining about kernel version when it's only 30 minutes to download the latest version from kernel.org, import the .config file and build their own.

Comment

Working...
                    X