Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post
    I thought the debian armeabiport project still supported armv5te​
    Oh yeah, for some reason I got confused and assumed armv6 was the mininum, but it says armv5.

Comment

Originally posted by _ReD_ View Post
      Did anybody else notice the downturn in quality of Fedora's default backgrounds in the last few years?

They used to be gorgeous, but around 32 they started to get... progressively worse, lazier.

I'm not an artist nor an art critic, but then again, this latest one is objectively also very childish, much in the way of the Barbapapa stories and TV series of Annette Tison and Talus Taylor memories.

While I don't care much for my own sake, and that's because I'm basically married to the F11 background, I still wonder how this last one would "not impress much" a lot of people. Especially newcomers... unless, of course, fedora 's re-targeting to a four-year-old user-base... In which case, they'll appreciate it a lot... Anyways, with this new trend, what's in store for f37? Stable-diffusion teletubbies?
      The wallpaper is for beta release, the final version will differ.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
        The wallpaper is for beta release, the final version will differ.
        I kind of hope, but recent releases kept the same background and I'm not aware of any other artworks in the pipe for f37.

Comment

Originally posted by Klassic Six View Post

So because someone is not an artist or art critic can't talk about his/her opinion? Fedora's default wallpaper became comically bad in recent releases.
          I love them all, so consistently good looking, inspiring and connected to the original blue theme

Comment

Originally posted by _ReD_ View Post
            I kind of hope, but recent releases kept the same background and I'm not aware of any other artworks in the pipe for f37.
            The theme will be same for this release, the final version of the beta wallpaper will get more improvment. The process is similar to Fedora 36.

Comment

RE the backgrounds - it is the same group/individual who has been piping out belters of wallpapers on a regular 6 month cadence now for more than a decade.

I think it would be a good idea to not have new backgrounds every release. Keep they around longer and there is less chance of burnout.

On the other hand, (potentially) being a red hat employee, if you remove the cadence, instead of having more time on each wallpaper, it might mean time spent on fedora is reduced.

Comment

I've been running fedora 37 for the last couple of days. It's been good so far. A couple issues, 1) you cannot build a kernel. apparently there is an issue with dwarves 1.24 (and the fedora kernel pulls in fc36's dwarves 1.23). Another issue is python 3.11 is missing a lot of the libraries that require c code. This is because of some performance work has changed the c-api, for example around exceptions, so it will take a while for the ecosystem to adapt. And of course, gnome-extensions haven't been ported, with the exception of dash-to-dock, which has made the upgrade less painful, although still missing lots of useful extensions.

The one thing I'd like fedora to do is get cloud images (AWS AMI's) out as quickly as possible for fc37beta. A lot of third parties cannot do their work for supporting fedora until they can boot it in the cloud based ci servers.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
                  RE the backgrounds - it is the same group/individual who has been piping out belters of wallpapers on a regular 6 month cadence now for more than a decade.

I think it would be a good idea to not have new backgrounds every release. Keep they around longer and there is less chance of burnout.

On the other hand, (potentially) being a red hat employee, if you remove the cadence, instead of having more time on each wallpaper, it might mean time spent on fedora is reduced.
                  Wallpapers are done by the community, Red Hat isn't paying anyone to do it.

Personally I really like the F37 one.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
                    I've been running fedora 37 for the last couple of days. It's been good so far. A couple issues, 1) you cannot build a kernel. apparently there is an issue with dwarves 1.24 (and the fedora kernel pulls in fc36's dwarves 1.23). Another issue is python 3.11 is missing a lot of the libraries that require c code. This is because of some performance work has changed the c-api, for example around exceptions, so it will take a while for the ecosystem to adapt. And of course, gnome-extensions haven't been ported, with the exception of dash-to-dock, which has made the upgrade less painful, although still missing lots of useful extensions.

The one thing I'd like fedora to do is get cloud images (AWS AMI's) out as quickly as possible for fc37beta. A lot of third parties cannot do their work for supporting fedora until they can boot it in the cloud based ci servers.
                    AMIs are built at compose time. You can find the list for the Beta candidate on the Cloud validation page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_..._standard_AMIs

Comment

Originally posted by openminded View Post
                      Unsurprisingly works like a pile of ... even in VM. Don't install unless you're a tester.
                      I tested the current Fedora against Solus today and Solus is a whopping 22 percent faster in JetStream 2.0

Comment

Working...
                      X