No announcement yet.

Fedora Linux 37 Beta To Be Released On-Time Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been using it for a few weeks now in SIlverblue. It has been very stable for me so far. A nice upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by _ReD_ View Post
      I'm not an artist nor an art critic, but ....
      .... you are going to play one on Phoronix?

I believe you would do better to participate with the Fedora Design Team, who solicit, brainstorm, design, and ultimately make recommendations on things such as the default wallpaper(s).

You can visit https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design for more information as to how to participate with the Design Team.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

So because someone is not an artist or art critic can't talk about his/her opinion? Fedora's default wallpaper became comically bad in recent releases.

Comment

Then again, I didn't. Did I? It's just that you cited me out of context in order to legitimate your making unwarranted assumptions and sitting in the chair to dispense your rather trite "superior wisdom".

I believe you would do better to participate with the Fedora Design Team, who solicit, brainstorm, design, and ultimately make recommendations on things such as the default wallpaper(s).
          Don't you have anything better to do yourself, I mean, other than giving unsolicited advice on what -others- should do with -their- time?

You can visit https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design for more information as to how to participate with the Design Team.
          Oh praise you. You're so knowledgeable. I'd have never-ever suspected that such magic existed. :-P
          ​​​​​
          Last edited by _ReD_; 10 September 2022, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

Sure...sure. No specifics given. Poor quality troll. Your post had me curious so I just installed f37 beta (workstation) via KVM. Working fine here. What specifically "works like a pile of..." for you in a VM?
            Technically you statement is the same quality as mine, no details provided. But I don't care since your sarcasm doesn't change the facts, and the reality is this beta tends to just hang indefinitely when running in Virtualbox, both live mode and installed system, and no other distro I tried recently does the same. I blame Gnome.

This is of course could have been fixed already, I used the iso dated 06/09.
            Last edited by openminded; 10 September 2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by openminded View Post

Technically you statement is the same quality as mine, no details provided. But I don't care since your sarcasm doesn't change the facts, and the reality is this beta tends to just hang indefinitely when running in Virtualbox, both live mode and installed system, and no other distro I tried recently does the same. I blame Gnome.

This is of course could have been fixed already, I used the iso dated 06/09.
              I guess you missed the part where I provided detail about what version of Fedora I was installing and what virtual environment I was using. That's all you had to do in your initial post to not come off as a weak attempt at trolling. Sounds like their build has a problem in VirtualBox.

Comment

i upgraded my fedora 36 to 37 beta and everything works fine

cisco h264 playback in the firefox browser was broken in 36 but works in 37.
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I've been using Fedora 37 since a few days after it branched off from Rawhide. Apart from the small new features in GNOME 43, it's kind of been boring. Which is a good thing! Fedora 36's beta cycle was rough, especially on the KDE Plasma spin which I run on my main desktop. Speaking of Plasma, don't get your hopes up of Fedora 37 coming with Plasma 5.26. It will ship with Plasma 5.25, and then Plasma 5.26 will be released to it a little later.

Also, where are the ISOs with that new installer? I haven't heard any news on it at all since they first announced it, and unless I'm missing something really obvious, there doesn't appear to be any ISOs with the new installer.

Comment

Originally posted by openminded View Post
                    the reality is this beta tends to just hang indefinitely when running in Virtualbox, both live mode and installed system
                    Your first comment sounds like Fedora is running slow, sluggish. If you had mention it just freezes, the reactions would be different.​

Comment

Interesting. In the comments it seems like it's stable for everyone but a few people and the few that do complain are told to shut up. If it's so stable for so many people, then why call it a beta? Just call it final then.

It's called a beta, so of course there are going to be people for whom it doesn't work right.

Comment

Working...
                      X