OpenWrt 22.03 Released With Updated Firewall, Support For 180+ New Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
    how is raspberry pi 4 support? i'm currently running ipfire on it but i would love to run openwrt on it.(even thought QoS on ipfire is amazing)
    I'm running it now. It works great. Using SQM QoS scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

The only [open source] router software in the business. The other projects are either completely dead or barely alive. I don't remember the last time I heard about DD-WRT.
      pfSense and opnSense are open source and very much alive!

EDIT: Forgot about vyOS!

Comment

Originally posted by moonlite View Post

Compatible with rare outdated devices you cannot even buy any more? Yeah, right.

Comment

Indeed. pfSense is also still needed because some wish to use a truly open router firmware (bsd liberalism vs gpl communism).

Comment

Hoping this will come to the Turris Omnia

Comment

Great, time for me to upgrade.

Comment

Welcomed news since i was thinking about upgrading my RT3200 that i haven't used in a while because it didn't work as well as needed with OpenWRT.

Comment

i have a Qotom firewall running opnsense just because openwrt is almost hostile towards x86 devices.

Example, their recommended upgrade procedure is simply a fresh install, instead of a simple update/upgrade to a new version

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

The only [open source] router software in the business. The other projects are either completely dead or barely alive. I don't remember the last time I heard about DD-WRT.
                    Which is a shame, because dd-wrt is also great. I love both OpenWRT and DD-WRT, I've been running OpenWRT to run my parents place since like 2013 or something on the same basic consumer router where I do upgrades every now and then, thing is super rock solid. At home I run dd-wrt on my router because I installed that ages ago and it works well for what I do. Neither require maintenance which is great and is a set and forget thing.

5-10 years ago this was the only way to get decent features on your devices. Thanks tomato <3

Comment

I just upgraded my tp-link archer c7 v2 from 18.06 -> 19.07 -> 21.02 -> 22.03 and the upgrade performed without a hitch. these guys are amazing. I am holding out for 6ghz support before I jump to 802.11ax. have to dig into their hardware tables to see if we're getting close. it's a shame more budget wifi routers just don't brand openwrt. it really quality stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X