Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS Released With Hardware Enablement Stack Backported From 22.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

And a lot more likely to break, too. Anyone on an LTS doesn't want the bleeding edge kernel. They want the stable kernels that support their hardware and least likely to break what they already have installed. It's not rocket science.
    But the 5.19 kernel is stable, it's not a development version huh!
    Which then you prefer an ancient kernel, is another matter.ā€‹

Leave a comment:

• stormcrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    Still at 5.15? My Tumbleweed is already at kernel 5.19.
    And a lot more likely to break, too. Anyone on an LTS doesn't want the bleeding edge kernel. They want the stable kernels that support their hardware and least likely to break what they already have installed. It's not rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Still at 5.15? My Tumbleweed is already at kernel 5.19.

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Michael

Grammar

"Yesterday there was last-minute rebuildsā€‹".

Either "Yesterday there was a last-minute rebuildā€‹" (singular rebuild) or "Yesterday there were last-minute rebuildsā€‹" (multiple rebuilds).

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    I have to use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS for work.
    Kernel 5.15 was already released a while ago on the HWE channel. This allowed my HP Elitebook 845 G7 work laptop to finally suspend/resume.

Leave a comment:

• Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS Released With Hardware Enablement Stack Backported From 22.04

Phoronix: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS Released With Hardware Enablement Stack Backported From 22.04

For those planning to stick to the Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal Fossa" Long-Term Support series still for some time before moving to the newer Ubuntu 22.04 LTS series, Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS is available today as the newest point release in that older series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X