Microsoft + Canonical Announce Native .NET 6 For Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arQon View Post

Pure comedy that the IBM fanboys modded this up.
    Who wants to be the one to point out to them that this is exactly how IBM handles the dotnet package?

Not that dotnet isn't shitty on a "freedom" level, sure, but painting this as "Canonical bad" just to manipulate their ignorance is more than a little cynical of you.
    IBM, huh... I don't know what those who liked my post think but personally, I'm not exactly a fan of IBM, either. They're definitely on my shit list. In fact, I'm quite offended by your accusation.
    Last edited by binarybanana; 18 August 2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by danger89 View Post
      Microsoft loves open-source..they say. Sure in order to Embrace, extend, and extinguish.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embr...and_extinguish
      It's actually IRA now (infiltrate, redirect and absorb). It's like EEE but more efficient.

This is how they killed Nokia in the consumer sector, and this is how they are killing Canonical in the developer one.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        As a long-time Ubuntu user, I'm dismayed that every couple years, Canonical seems to do something else that tells me I'm on the wrong distro.

I think the next machine I install, I might finally have to switch horses.
        this exact line of thinking is why I switched to Debian... and never picked up Ubuntu again.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It's actually IRA now (infiltrate, redirect and absorb). It's like EEE but more efficient.

This is how they killed Nokia in the consumer sector, and this is how they are killing Canonical in the developer one.
          It wouldn't surprise me at all if Microsoft ended up buying Canonical for the Ubuntu brand, as Ubuntu is the most used OS on Azure.

Comment

A lot of paranoia here, but this seems like a good thing to me.

Microsoft is increasingly a cloud company, which means they are becoming more relaxed about their OS monopoly. And Linux has reached such momentum that it is increasingly impossible to compete with it in every single niche. Microsoft simply needs to support Linux now.

Comment

Working...
            X