Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Tumblewed Planning To Finally End ReiserFS Support

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Tumblewed Planning To Finally End ReiserFS Support

SUSE had been one of the big supporters of ReiserFS two decades ago when it was using the ReiserFS file-system by default but that practice ended in 2006. While SUSE/openSUSE hasn't defaulted to ReiserFS for many years, it has remained an install-time option and retained support for mounting ReiserFS file-systems, but that practice is likely soon ending...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Or did they kill its support?

Comment

At one time, at least 10 years ago now I believe OpenSUSE new installs defaulted to ReiserFS. That's no longer the case, naturally, but it does make me wonder just how many of those old systems are still in use if any.

Comment

I wish they would focus on BTRFS.
        And also talk to kernel maintainers to upgrade the Zstd code to the latest upstream version as it's getting severely out of sync again and many people who use BTRFS+Zstd compression don't get the performance they could easily get.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          I wish they would focus on BTRFS.
          And also talk to kernel maintainers to upgrade the Zstd code to the latest upstream version as it's getting severely out of sync again and many people who use BTRFS+Zstd compression don't get the performance they could easily get.
          I thought Btrfs already was their focus?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
            Support unavailable until at least 2023 when the parole board reconvenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Support unavailable until at least 2023 when the parole board reconvenes.
              Oh, here we go again......

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                Oh, here we go again......
                Did you expect tactful commentary from someone named Slartifartblast?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
                  Did anyone tell you that you should be a comedian? Yeah, I didn't think so...

Comment

Some could say this is a messy divorce

Comment

Working...
                    X