Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS Preparing For Release With Retbleed Patched, Intel AMX, Other Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS Preparing For Release With Retbleed Patched, Intel AMX, Other Fixes

Phoronix: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS Preparing For Release With Retbleed Patched, Intel AMX, Other Fixes

Canonical is putting the finishing touches on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS that is due for release tomorrow as the first collection of stable release updates in re-spun ISO form for this "Jammy Jellyfish" long-term support series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does this release fix the issue with randomly closing down Firefox or Chrome because it used RAM?

Comment

To honour the Retblees issues next release should be named "Bleeding Badger" or "bleeding brug"

Comment

Originally posted by plinkyplonky View Post
        Does this release fix the issue with randomly closing down Firefox or Chrome because it used RAM?
        I don't have this problem (but my laptop also has 32GB RAM). Did you write a bug report?

Comment

And there I was wondering why I seen no mention of 22.04.1 being released despite my machines telling me I was running it after the updates a couple of days ago, it has not been officially done yet.

Comment

Overaggressive task killer and missing libfuse both seem to remain unaddressed.

Comment

Did they fix wpasupplicant? It is not good to wifi with no security.

Comment

Originally posted by plinkyplonky View Post
                Code:
                sudo systemctl mask systemd-oomd
                ProTip:

Neither Ubuntu Budgie nor Lubuntu 22.04 LTS enable this out-of-memory daemon by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

Code:
                  sudo systemctl mask systemd-oomd
                  ProTip:

Neither Ubuntu Budgie nor Lubuntu 22.04 LTS enable this out-of-memory daemon by default.
                  Under Kubuntu I've just executed:
                  $ systemctl is-enabled systemd-oomd
                  Failed to get unit file state for systemd-oomd.service: No such file or directory

Comment

Originally posted by redgreen925 View Post
                    And there I was wondering why I seen no mention of 22.04.1 being released despite my machines telling me I was running it after the updates a couple of days ago, it has not been officially done yet.
                    Updated to 22.04.1 LTS as well after "software update"

Comment

Working...
                    X