No announcement yet.

Fedora 37 To Offer Official Support On Raspberry Pi 4 Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they used tow-boot.org or rpi4-uefi.dev?

Comment

Originally posted by marco View Post
      Just a chapter fedora project:

🔗 How To Test
      • Buy a Raspberry Pi 4 (if you can)

This is the situation: it is really difficult to find a raspberry on the market and the prices are too high.. sigh..
      Raspberry Pi 400 is still easy to find. If you want to run a desktop OS on a Raspberry Pi, the Pi 400 is perfect.
      Same hardware.

Comment

There was a time were I thought that ARM would become the next big thing in desktop..
        But nowadays, I am waiting for Riscv..

However that are very niche boards available for ARM, but at prices of super machines, not reflecting that ARM is not a performance thing, but instead a lower power consumption option..

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
          Yeah, I thought Fedora's uniqueness was that they are always quick to support the latest & greatest in Linux land?

Meanwhile, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS even supports the 2GB RAM version of the RPi4 by activating ZSWAP on it by default.

And it even has the official blessing of the Raspberry Pi Foundation [what an honor! ]:
          the difference between fedora and ubuntu is fedora is upstream-first. and no, it doesn't mean rpi foundation, it means linux upstream
          Last edited by pal666; 03 August 2022, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Nice news! I've always stuck with Raspbian (or whatever they're calling it these days) but might choose Fedora next time I lug my 8G RPi 4B out.

I don't know why people are so sour... RPi4 is the latest generation, it only came out 3 years ago. Not everyone goes ham and installs dozens of unofficial distros. I used to do that... when I thought it was fun, back in the late 90s/early 2000s. Now I usually stick with large vanilla Linux distros like Ubuntu and Fedora, because I'm done futzing with distros and wacky configs and building all my own packages with -O99 -funroll-loops and overclocking and all the puttering around. I need my computer so I can get stuff done these days. :-)

Comment

Working...
            X