Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora CoreOS Hopes To Become An Official Edition With Fedora 37

Phoronix: Fedora CoreOS Hopes To Become An Official Edition With Fedora 37

For the Fedora 37 cycle Fedora CoreOS is hoping to be promoted to an official release "edition" alongside the likes of Fedora Workstation and Fedora Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

CoreOS is just another Silverblue type distro aint it? doesnt it use rpm-ostree

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      CoreOS is just another Silverblue type distro aint it? doesnt it use rpm-ostree
      From the article, "Those unfamiliar with Fedora CoreOS but wishing to learn more can do so via the documentation."

Comment

i dont use Linux no more, i may eventually return i stopped at Fedora27

Comment

Fedora Oreos. Two Red Hats with Penguin meat in the middle

Comment

Please don't, stay away.
            Last edited by alex79; 26 June 2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Out of interest (and no judgement here) what was it that pushed you away?
              Last edited by hamishmb; 26 June 2022, 09:33 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

Thanks for sharing this insightful information.

Comment

Looks OK but honestly you can't beat a good old bare-metal raw usage of the kernel, lxc, and/or QEMU. Very fast and lightweight beyond what any framework so far can provide.

Comment

Originally posted by alex79 View Post

Please don't, stay away.
                    just for you, i'll come back, but i'll avoid this forum like the plague but i'll wait for Do Not Finish 5 is default an RPM6

Comment

Working...
                    X