Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 12 Features Get Laid Out

Phoronix: Fedora 12 Features Get Laid Out

Fedora 11 with all of its Nouveau support, Btrfs capabilities, and kernel mode-setting support glory isn't being released until later this month, but the features for Fedora 12 are already being planned out. A tentative feature list for this next Fedora release can already be found on the Fedora Project Wiki. Some of these features like straightforward multi-seat support were originally targeted at Leonidas but were then pushed back to Fedora 12. Additionally though, Red Hat intends to introduce liblvm in Fedora 12 to allow user-space applications to interface with an LVM (Logical Volume Manager)...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzI1OQ

I thought the latest Gnome already had switched from Pidgin?

Sounds like a pretty big deal to deprecate initrd. I hope we a commandline program again just like chkconfig.

Comment

Please do *not* switch to empathy as long as it does not support otr encryption!

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
        Please do *not* switch to empathy as long as it does not support otr encryption!
        The default configuration is what it is, you can install the pidgin package it they "remove" it.

Comment

ohhh im disappointed.

I read "Fedora 12 Features Get Laid" from the forum index and i figured fedora got lucky.

12 fedora's, 9 ubuntu's. I think they need to follow the mandriva path and just throw a date on it

Comment

Fedora 12, codename "Elvis"
            Leonidas was a king; Elvis is The King.

Comment

Working...
            X