No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Mac OS X 10.5.6 Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could afford at this time the money to buy a mac-mini...

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      If I could afford at this time the money to buy a mac-mini...
      It's not worthy IMHO. Only few people would see your benchmarks. Of course if you don't own such portal like Phoronix

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
        Many portals will copy this benchmark and many people will buy it. I sometimes wonder if apple keeps its dirty hands on Phoronix?
        Hahaha, wow. Apple has never even contacted Phoronix or me for that matter.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Hahaha, wow. Apple has never even contacted Phoronix or me for that matter.
          Whatever, what about promised x86_64 benchmark? And Ext 4 as a bonus will be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
            Whatever, what about promised x86_64 benchmark? And Ext 4 as a bonus will be nice...
            They're in the publishing queue for tomorrow morning.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Great to hear that!

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Obviously you're not shocked, Linux users are quick to defend Linux, go figure.

Of course Linux has it's failures, I'm a big critic myself but still love Linux. It's of course important to admit (hopefully temporary!) defeat where appropriate though. I think the main reason for the way Linux users are is because since it's a community OS, many take it personally when things aren't good enough. In a sense, they're right, it is a failure of the community as a whole.

Perhaps an update for any progress in fixing any bugs and regressions if any caused those tests is in order, as well as more benchmarks which may be fairer/balanced and not purely Mac-oriented. For instance, since Mac also can run I think both AMD and Nvidia graphics, etc, or basically since you can install OS X on a normal computer that may not be so niche in Mac's favour, perhaps that would be an interesting experiment, at the risk of then being "not fair" with respect to Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
                    Obviously you're not shocked, Linux users are quick to defend Linux, go figure.

Of course Linux has it's failures, I'm a big critic myself but still love Linux. It's of course important to admit (hopefully temporary!) defeat where appropriate though. I think the main reason for the way Linux users are is because since it's a community OS, many take it personally when things aren't good enough. In a sense, they're right, it is a failure of the community as a whole.
                    Hehehe exactly! No wonder why Linux has by far the most fanatic lovers of the OSes

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                      Hehehe exactly! No wonder why Linux has by far the most fanatic lovers of the OSes
                      Yup. ^^

Linux really solves a lot of issues of freedom, too, that really irks for instance Windows users. However, there are features/freedoms on those "other" OSes (sorry, couldn't help myself) that Linux also needs to adopt that Linux users should have the luxury and freedom of enjoying as well. Speed is certainly one of those things, as is universal packaging standards, but I won't get into that here.

Comment

Working...
                      X