X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

And conversely, if the main driver for someone to be on a rolling distro is to get the latest DE updates but they'd really prefer a stable base, there's also OpenSUSE Argon which isn't talked about as much and many people probably have never heard of.

It's a similar approach to KDE neon, but using OpenSUSE Leap as a base instead of an Ubuntu LTS. You could of course add the repos and update a regular Leap install instead.

That's one of my favorite things about OpenSUSE, they support the most models.
    • True rolling
    • LTS Base + rolling DE
    • LTS (which also tends to pull in more new stuff in annual (ish) updates than most LTS distros)

You both probably already know about Argon, just throwing it out there for other readers.
    I actually did not know about Argon. I did know about Krypton, however. Thanks for sharing this! If Tumbleweed ever gets too unstable for me (which is probably a slim chance, but you never know), then I might switch to Argon.

Leave a comment:

• pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

If you're used to Arch, you might be more interested in openSUSE Tumbleweed.
    And conversely, if the main driver for someone to be on a rolling distro is to get the latest DE updates but they'd really prefer a stable base, there's also OpenSUSE Argon which isn't talked about as much and many people probably have never heard of.

It's a similar approach to KDE neon, but using OpenSUSE Leap as a base instead of an Ubuntu LTS. You could of course add the repos and update a regular Leap install instead.

That's one of my favorite things about OpenSUSE, they support the most models.
    • True rolling
    • LTS Base + rolling DE
    • LTS (which also tends to pull in more new stuff in annual (ish) updates than most LTS distros)

You both probably already know about Argon, just throwing it out there for other readers.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Yay! I am so excited to see Plasma 5.24 on this version!
    I look forward to trying it out and see whether I can replace my current Arch installation with it.
    If you're used to Arch, you might be more interested in openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Leave a comment:

• pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx
    replied
    It's a nice release. I played with it for several days after it first hit beta and didn't have any issues. This will probably end up on some relative's computers once it is GA.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    So am I, be good to move on from 5.18 LTS.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    I look forward to trying it out and see whether I can replace my current Arch installation with it.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic openSUSE Leap 15.4 Nears Release, RCs Now Available

openSUSE Leap 15.4 Nears Release, RCs Now Available

Phoronix: openSUSE Leap 15.4 Nears Release, RCs Now Available

OpenSUSE Leap 15.4 betas began rolling out in March and now this distribution with shared sources to SUSE Linux Enterprise has advanced to the release candidate period...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X