Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

openSUSE Leap 15.4 Nears Release, RCs Now Available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • openSUSE Leap 15.4 Nears Release, RCs Now Available

    Phoronix: openSUSE Leap 15.4 Nears Release, RCs Now Available

    OpenSUSE Leap 15.4 betas began rolling out in March and now this distribution with shared sources to SUSE Linux Enterprise has advanced to the release candidate period...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...E-Leap-15.4-RC

  • #2
    Yay! I am so excited to see Plasma 5.24 on this version!
    I look forward to trying it out and see whether I can replace my current Arch installation with it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Yay! I am so excited to see Plasma 5.24 on this version!
      So am I, be good to move on from 5.18 LTS.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's a nice release. I played with it for several days after it first hit beta and didn't have any issues. This will probably end up on some relative's computers once it is GA.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Yay! I am so excited to see Plasma 5.24 on this version!
          I look forward to trying it out and see whether I can replace my current Arch installation with it.
          If you're used to Arch, you might be more interested in openSUSE Tumbleweed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

            If you're used to Arch, you might be more interested in openSUSE Tumbleweed.
            And conversely, if the main driver for someone to be on a rolling distro is to get the latest DE updates but they'd really prefer a stable base, there's also OpenSUSE Argon which isn't talked about as much and many people probably have never heard of.

            https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Argon_and_Krypton

            It's a similar approach to KDE neon, but using OpenSUSE Leap as a base instead of an Ubuntu LTS. You could of course add the repos and update a regular Leap install instead.

            That's one of my favorite things about OpenSUSE, they support the most models.
            • True rolling
            • LTS Base + rolling DE
            • LTS (which also tends to pull in more new stuff in annual (ish) updates than most LTS distros)

            You both probably already know about Argon, just throwing it out there for other readers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

              And conversely, if the main driver for someone to be on a rolling distro is to get the latest DE updates but they'd really prefer a stable base, there's also OpenSUSE Argon which isn't talked about as much and many people probably have never heard of.

              https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Argon_and_Krypton

              It's a similar approach to KDE neon, but using OpenSUSE Leap as a base instead of an Ubuntu LTS. You could of course add the repos and update a regular Leap install instead.

              That's one of my favorite things about OpenSUSE, they support the most models.
              • True rolling
              • LTS Base + rolling DE
              • LTS (which also tends to pull in more new stuff in annual (ish) updates than most LTS distros)

              You both probably already know about Argon, just throwing it out there for other readers.
              I actually did not know about Argon. I did know about Krypton, however. Thanks for sharing this! If Tumbleweed ever gets too unstable for me (which is probably a slim chance, but you never know), then I might switch to Argon.

              Comment

              Working...
              X