Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE Tumbleweed Jumps To The Newly-Released GCC 12 Compiler

Phoronix: openSUSE Tumbleweed Jumps To The Newly-Released GCC 12 Compiler

It was just last week that GCC 12.1 was released and already it's being used by the rolling-release openSUSE Tumbleweed distribution as of today's build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ha, that's why I got hit with 2,500+ updated packages today. The update itself went fine, even if it took ~1h. Mostly to download everything.

Comment

Micheal Arch and so manjaro is already switch to gcc 21.1 about 1 week ago

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        Ha, that's why I got hit with 2,500+ updated packages today. The update itself went fine, even if it took ~1h. Mostly to download everything.
        Yeah, I think mine topped 3500. One of those "full" sort of updates.

Comment

Does OpenSUSE recognize other OS's during the installation process with the latest releases?

Comment

Rebuild my system with GCC 12.1 yesterday, only two packages failed, one was a separate issue (babl), the other was android-tools and I sent in a patch to get that sorted gentoo

Comment

Originally posted by nist View Post
              Does OpenSUSE recognize other OS's during the installation process with the latest releases?
              It always has.

Comment

Originally posted by alcalde View Post

It always has.
                Sorry, no. Unless the user makes this thing manually first.

Comment

Originally posted by nist View Post

Sorry, no. Unless the user makes this thing manually first.
                  I have no idea what you're talking about. I've been using OpenSUSE on a daily basis since July 18, 2010. On that install OpenSUSE could see the Windows partition and was capable of shrinking it and adding a Windows boot option to GRUB. "Detect other OSes" is one of the options in the boot/GRUB parameters before final install. Similarly, using the "guided" option for partitioning, some of the options are what to do with existing Linux and non-Linux partitions.

Comment

Working...
                  X