Fedora Linux 36 Being Released Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cynic View Post

this is the single reason why I won't upgrade to F36 until is fixed.
    I've being a Fedora user since Core 7 and this is the first time I'm disappointed by a release. (well, except maybe F15 or so when they introduced Gnome 3)
    Or you could consider XFCE. Why people insist on Gnome on the desktop is beyond me. The DE developers stopped caring about desktop users ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post
      this is the single reason why I won't upgrade to F36 until is fixed.
      Oh man, now that I saw it, there is no way to unsee the blurry font rendering in GTK4 apps.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
        This release looks interesting (I switched to F36 yesterday), but font rendering for GTK4 apps are horrible on low DPI displays. Gnome devs did the same stupid step like Apple developers with macOS, where they removed subpixel font rendering. I switched from Ubuntu to Fedora 35, but now Ubuntu looks much better, however due to Snap crap and PulseAudio in Ubuntu, Fedora is still a better choice in my opinion.
        Create a ~/.config/gtk-4.0/settings.ini containing:
        Code:
        [Settings]
        gtk-hint-font-metrics=1
        It's from from the GTK bug report. Works for me!

Comment

I have been running it on a few machines since the beta droped. No issues so far. The KDE spin has right click to get to konsole back. That is enough reason to upgrade in it's self. BTW the wall paper looks much better than 35.

Comment

Originally posted by ho3in View Post

would you check VPN connections if you have any issue with?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comm...ection_editor/
            There's a very good reply on that reddit thread which explains the situation. Basically, gnome-control-center loads in the VPN UI from NetworkManager plugin packages, and they were not all updated to provide both GTK3 and GTK4 UI files yet. We made a special effort to get the most important ones done - openvpn and openconnect - but other less commonly-used VPN plugins aren't all done yet.

As the redditor says, if you need to use one of those, you can just set it up in nm-connection-editor instead of GNOME Control Center, as nm-c-e is still a GTK3 app so it will work OK there. nm-connection-editor is likely installed on your system but not shown in the menus; you can run it from a console.

Comment

Looks like the exiv2 version shipped with fedora 36 still doesn't have CR3 support enabled. Something to do with licence issues.

Comment

A release blocker should be the need to fix the windows title size/padding.. don't take me wrong I love gnome look'n'feel but that makes no sense. And we definitely need a system/app/status indicator.. no matter what nonsense argument they keep giving us for removing it. It's the very same reason they provide us a wifi/bluetooth indicator to begin with.. why should I know at glance my connection status with chat programs (first that comes in mind). It's about flexibility and to have that very basic option (that eventually one can disable). Even the Destination Linux podcast/show touched the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                  A release blocker should be the need to fix the windows title size/padding.. don't take me wrong I love gnome look'n'feel but that makes no sense. And we definitely need a system/app/status indicator.. no matter what nonsense argument they keep giving us for removing it. It's the very same reason they provide us a wifi/bluetooth indicator to begin with.. why should I know at glance my connection status with chat programs (first that comes in mind). It's about flexibility and to have that very basic option (that eventually one can disable). Even the Destination Linux podcast/show touched the subject.
                  GNOME Classic may fill your need. Honestly, it is time to review your own habit.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

GNOME Classic may fill your need. Honestly, it is time to review your own habit.
                    Cut the bullshit and don't be an idiot

Comment

Working...
                    X