Fedora Linux 36 Delayed Again - Now Aims To Release Toward Mid-May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

He was just poking a bit of fun, hence the emoticon. Stop taking everything so seriously.
    I am aware of what the emoticon means. Since Phoronix only reported the initial change proposal but not the rejection, I am providing the update for others.

Comment

Ubuntu 22.04 didn't encounter the same GNOME blocker bugs that Fedora 36 is having? I didn't dig deep enough yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
        Ubuntu 22.04 didn't encounter the same GNOME blocker bugs that Fedora 36 is having? I didn't dig deep enough yet.
        If you want to dig further, the list of blocker bugs is here and the release criteria includes have some basic functionality on default applications working. Other distributions have their own release criteria and may just prefer to prioritize schedule while Fedora timelines are by design more fluid.

Comment

I upgraded all my Fedora machines when the Beta dropped and I have had no issues. The only real difference I have seen is that the right click to get to konsole is back in the KDE spin. That alone was worth upgrading for.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
            AIUI, Ubuntu's DE is still built using the reasonably stable GTK3, whereas RH are using the alpha-state GTK4. If that's correct, it would explain the discrepancy.

RH (or at least, Fedora) is also pretty much "beta at best" as far as GNOME releases go, whereas Ubuntu tends to finalize packages earlier and also leans fairly heavily towards nominally-stable versions anyway, especially for LTS's like 22.04.
            Last edited by arQon; 29 April 2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

i upgraded to fedora 36 and gnome42 is broken with wayland if i open any app firefox or the appstore it upens and close it instandly... nothing works ...

then i switch to gnome x11 session and everything works again...

I use a AMD threadripper 1920X and a Vega64 on a Socket TR3 X399 Taichi ASRock Mainboard.

first time i have any problem with my Vega64 on Fedora.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
                i upgraded to fedora 36 and gnome42 is broken with wayland if i open any app firefox or the appstore it upens and close it instandly... nothing works ...

then i switch to gnome x11 session and everything works again...

I use a AMD threadripper 1920X and a Vega64 on a Socket TR3 X399 Taichi ASRock Mainboard.

first time i have any problem with my Vega64 on Fedora.
                by the way this bug is fixed now
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                X