X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See the post above

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
      None of my environment changes were broken by the upgrade to f36. And almost all my settings and environment died with ubuntu 22.04 upgrade, including my vnc setup and R.
      You do know that Ubuntu only pushes/recommends LTS upgrades after the first point release. With Jammy I find Ubuntu GNOME way more polished than Fedora 36, where you get GTK4 with all its teething pains. Not to mention the additional performance improvements which Ubuntu contributes year in year out. I am yet to discover the instabilities and the shitfest people talk about here.
      Last edited by simonsaysthis; 29 April 2022, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by simonsaysthis View Post

You do know that Ubuntu only pushes/recommends LTS upgrades after the first point release. With Jammy I find Ubuntu GNOME way more polished than Fedora 36, where you get GTK4 with all its teething pains. Not to mention the additional performance improvements which Ubuntu contributes year in year out. I am yet to discover the instabilities and the shitfest people talk about here.
        If only stability was judged based off one user's experience 🤦‍♂️️

Comment

Originally posted by asasione View Post

If only stability was judged based off one user's experience 🤦‍♂️️
          That´s the number one rule in internet discussions about Linux. This use case works for me/ Doesn´t for me = distro xyz is amazing / is terrible

Comment

That's what NetBSD foundation do, release when ready Anvil

Comment

Maybe it is delayed because there are no computers left that can run Fedora's increasingly stringent (and arbitrary) requirements. Hard to test on and get developers for a platform that no-one can run

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
                I used to be disappointed at Fedora release delays but I realized that this gives extensions time to catch up new GNOME release before I get it. So it does have some advantages.
                In this case, many (not all(*)) of the final blockers are, indeed, GNOME related (which some early adopters finally tested and found issues). Whenever there is a bigger bump in GNOME (as with F36) there are inevitably a few issues that are identified with the bump.

(*) Another is related to the openssl bump with (usually) enterprise wifi vendors that have not properly implemented RFCs, and there is yet another round of selinux updates to reflect some apps propensity to access files/directories all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  Maybe it is delayed because there are no computers left that can run Fedora's increasingly stringent (and arbitrary) requirements. Hard to test on and get developers for a platform that no-one can run
                  Hmm. The BIOS change proposal got rejected since you seem to be referring to that. Change proposals do come with detailed rationale for it. You may not agree with it but it isn't arbitrary.

Comment

An upgrade to selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted just arrived. I guess related to the issues mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Hmm. The BIOS change proposal got rejected since you seem to be referring to that. Change proposals do come with detailed rationale for it. You may not agree with it but it isn't arbitrary.
                      He was just poking a bit of fun, hence the emoticon. Stop taking everything so seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X