Fedora Linux 36 Delayed Again - Now Aims To Release Toward Mid-May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Linux 36 Delayed Again - Now Aims To Release Toward Mid-May

Phoronix: Fedora Linux 36 Delayed Again - Now Aims To Release Toward Mid-May

Bringing back memories from the time that Fedora multi-week release delays were pretty much a given, Fedora Linux 36 has once again been delayed and now won't be out until at least 10 May...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll take a delay any day before the shitfest that Ubuntu's 22.04 turned out to be.

Keep it up, Fedora!

Comment

no distro IMO should have Release dates ( final ) it should be Marked ( Release when Ready ) with No date(s)

Comment

I am on beta for the last 2 weeks and it is years ahead of ubuntu 22.04 release in terms of stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          no distro IMO should have Release dates ( final ) it should be Marked ( Release when Ready ) with No date(s)
          That doesn't work if you're enterprise or enterpris-y like fedora. You have some Admins who needs to plan a migration and so a timeline needs to be done for the rollout. That requires people who cant work and move appointments out of the way and such stuff. Even for a LTS release it's hard to move this stuff, because it will have to be moved like a half year.

Release dates are important and should be there. That said, if it isn't ready, yes - move it.

Comment

You need a deadline, otherwise it will never happen.

Comment

I used to be disappointed at Fedora release delays but I realized that this gives extensions time to catch up new GNOME release before I get it. So it does have some advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
                I am on beta for the last 2 weeks and it is years ahead of ubuntu 22.04 release in terms of stability.
                I really don't know what is the meaning of stability when talking about Linux. Never seen the blue screen of the death since 23 years. I used a lot of distros, mainly Mandrake/Mandriva in the past (and it will be my future again soon).

Comment

None of my environment changes were broken by the upgrade to f36. And almost all my settings and environment died with ubuntu 22.04 upgrade, including my vnc setup and R.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
                    If you were on Fedora for the past two weeks how did you know it is more stable than Ununtu 22.04 which was released less than two weeks ago?! You obviously didnt try Ubuntu 22.04 yourself since you were using Fedora.

Comment

Working...
                    X