Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Changes Default For NVIDIA Driver Back To Using X.Org Rather Than Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

This comment from an actual nVidia Linux driver developer thoroughly explains why Wayland & Xwayland will probably remain problematic for the foreseeable future;
    thus, sticking to X11 is actually a good choice for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS:
    I wonder if this proposal is progressing https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ces-Everywhere

Comment

At least running from a flashdrive, Ubuntu 22.04 is also running X11 on both Intel and AMD drivers.

Comment

NVidia "requested"? 😳 Who are they to "request"? They are in Canonical board of directors suddenly, or what? 🤦‍♂️

Comment

Lets all dump wayland... and build X12 ... at this point it has to be easier

Comment

I'm going back to X10. That oughta be mature by now.

Comment

When does the Nvidia driver work seamlessly on Xorg ??? Since when ???

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
                Lets all dump wayland... and build X12 ... at this point it has to be easier
                Or just rename X11 to be X12 just to satisfy the "version chasers" and we can finally ignore this whole Wayland fiasco

Comment

I bet the number of researchers using Ubuntu LTS with CUDA far exceeds the number of gamers that use Ubuntu LTS. If you’re a gamer stick to a rolling release.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    if you do want to enjoy the NVIDIA Wayland experience.
                    That was pretty good! I chuckled.

Comment

Good thing I went straight back to arch from the beta. This is super silly. Canonical seems to be moving towards a greedy gimmick company.

Comment

Working...
                      X