Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Now Available For Download

Phoronix: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Now Available For Download

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" is now available for download...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I switched to Debian testing after 20.04 and never looked back. Life's good! Ubuntu nowadays -- not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
      I switched to Debian testing after 20.04 and never looked back. Life's good! Ubuntu nowadays -- not so much.
      please, elaborate

Comment

Looking forward to this release, I use Pop_OS but its based on Ubuntu. Lots of interesting changes on this wrt the kernel. Will be giving it a few weeks though for final bugs to be worked out...

Comment

Ubuntu sucks. Each Ubuntu upgrade sucks more. Morale is low. Too much internal politics, top management too obsessed with IPO that may or many not happen and is running this the once-ubiquitous distro into a pit hole. Have been using Debian-non-free 12 "bookworm" for a while (dual-booting 11 "bullseye" just in case).. No looking back.
          Last edited by ping-wu; 21 April 2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
            I switched to Debian stable for servers back in 2006 and Debian testing for desktop back in 2013. Never looked either back or forward that much really. it works well and feels polished!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
              Lots of interesting changes on this wrt the kernel. Will be giving it a few weeks though for final bugs to be worked out...
              What changes? Is it better than the 5.17 kernels in rolling release distros?

Comment

I am excited to upgrade my system from 20.04 to 22.04 tonight.

Comment

I left the Ubuntu train-wreck in 2015 (for Debian jessie). As other have expressed, I never looked back.

Comment

now defaults to using GNOME's Wayland session with NVIDIA's driver
                    This doesn't seem to be correct. Someone mentioned that the change was reverted, and I also don't see that in the release notes: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/jammy...-notes/24668/1

Comment

Working...
                    X