No announcement yet.

Improved Arch Linux Installer Experience Being Readied With Archinstall 2.4-RC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The screenshot is pleasing. It's really happening!

Comment

It won't be long before the only Linux which is actually tough to install is (B)LFS.

I've always had a soft spot for TUIs. A good TUI gives you everything you need, without lots of graphical frippery and obfuscation.

I'll give it a shot the next time I'm reinstalling a box, just for kicks, even if the destined OS isn't Arch.

Comment

my current install was done using the install script, one of the biggest problems I have currently is installing on a 27" 4k monitor, it can be really hard keeping track of what you are doing, i've chosen the wrong settings a few times

Comment

While the efforts for the new installer are nice, i still prefer the "pure" way - mainly because it is blatantly simple to script the whole install process in the comfort of an installed gui and then just start the script and lean back ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
            While the efforts for the new installer are nice, i still prefer the "pure" way - mainly because it is blatantly simple to script the whole install process in the comfort of an installed gui and then just start the script and lean back ^^
            I'm annoyed I never thought of doing it that way.

Comment

Working...
            X