Fedora Looks To Lighten Its Default Curl Packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BwackNinja View Post

But when have you ever thought about sftp'ing a file using curl?
    No, but I have used libcurl for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post

I may be misunderstanding something, but I never really hear "Fedora" and "banking" in a single sentence in this context. As the solution for containerization, Redhat provides UBI images which are RHEL-based, don't they? Do you expect the curl-minimal change to trickle into UBI in some time, causing trouble?
      Thanks, that's exactly my concern. fedora does seem to be the playground for RedHat for a lot of changes especially container wise and I can't imagine shrinking the binary size of a package on fedora to be used for many other reasons other then for containers as i don't see fedora used much in embedded however I may be wrong as I know redhat is working on their automotive linux division and this could be a way of getting this change sorted out upstream of them.

Comment

Originally posted by WizardGed View Post
        Thanks, that's exactly my concern
        I don't work in as tightly controlled environment as you do, it seems. In my environment, we could either freeze the container base image (which is an obvious no-no from a security standpoint) or do the Dockerfile modifications necessary for the product work on the latest image version (such as that "yum install curl-full" thing mentioned earlier). I don't really see other realistic options, there are other options such as stopping Redhat from doing these changes to their UBIs.

Comment

Working...
        X