Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hax0r
    replied
    Hey archlinux can you keep essential packages such as {glibc, gcc, binutils} up-to-date? They are still stuck on ancient glibc 2.33

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Finally! I can debug these crashes for once!

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by mystiquewolf View Post
    Waiting for the KDE symbols... finally won't be the "first to have bugs, but wait 4 months until Kubuntu gets them so KDE actually knows about them".
    You're going to be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• mystiquewolf
    replied
    Waiting for the KDE symbols... finally won't be the "first to have bugs, but wait 4 months until Kubuntu gets them so KDE actually knows about them".

Leave a comment:

• Space Heater
    replied
    This is a great change, the lack of debug packages on arch was one of the main reasons why I stopped using it. I'm sure upstream developers will also be pleased to see better bug reports from arch users.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Since Arch is an early adopter for pretty much everything, it's a prime candidate for submitting useful bug reports. So this could prove very fruitful, very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Vorpal
    replied
    So, after experimenting with it, it does indeed seem like it is an ongoing effort. glibc for example doesn't have debug symbols available yet. That and libstdc++ are probably the two most important libraries to have debug symbols. libreadline did however have debug symbols.

So I guess this will probably reach usable levels in a month or so? Hopefully?

Leave a comment:

• Setif
    replied
    Next: x86_64_v3

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Arch more and more looks like a respectable serious Distro actually capable of serving the advanced user instead of just being a joke to tease people on how "hard" it is to install, it just took them 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• Vorpal
    replied
    Awesome! Been waiting years for this. This was my main gripe with Arch. Now that this is supported Arch is basically the perfect distro for my desktop and laptop needs.

Time to reinstall that one laptop I kept running Ubuntu to have something with debug symbols on when coding C and C++.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X