No announcement yet.

Fedora 36 Looking To Change Its Default Fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iosevka looks like a nice monospace font, have to test it. Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with my current monospace font of choice, Inconsolata, though.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      Oh no. I rather feel ashamed that my comment gets 20 Likes. I wrote it at the moment when I realized fonts are a matter of taste and a discussion on this could possibly get very subjective. So I wrote it as a troll with the worst font I could imagine, which also happens to be available in the comment section. I have no idea why people now like it as much as they do.
      For quite some people Comic Sans is one of the best fonts, especially when they already have trouble reading. It might be ridiculed for looking childish, but these more natural curves and wide spaces make it much easier to read then hard edges and letters very close together.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        Oh no. I rather feel ashamed that my comment ("Comic Sans for life") gets 20 Likes.
        Overly preposterous requests or support for something are a common element of jokes, which is to say, I'd like to believe that at least some of the voters recognized the implicit "!!!!11elf" at the end of the statement.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

1. There's no such option in UI
          Settings --> Fonts and colors --> Advanced --> uncheck ‘Allow websites to use their own fonts’

That option has been there for many years now, if not since the very beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Settings --> Fonts and colors --> Advanced --> uncheck ‘Allow websites to use their own fonts’

That option has been there for many years now, if not since the very beginning.
            Again, it's browser wide and it's absolutely inconvenient to use.

Comment

Again, it's browser wide and it's absolutely inconvenient to use.
              Not to me. I want consistent, readable fonts on every website (and not too many add-ons). I honestly don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to use it, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by juarezr View Post

Iosevka rules Mono fonts!
                Thanks for this tip. I had to spend a long time playing with the different versions, but now Ioveska Curly Medium Extended has replaced Cascadia Code as my programming font. I just love the detail in all the glyphs, especially on a 4K display.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Not to me. I want consistent, readable fonts on every website (and not too many add-ons). I honestly don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to use it, but oh well.
                  Lots of websites are 100% unusable with web fonts disabled because they use fonts to paint navigation elements.

Comment

Lots of websites are 100% unusable with web fonts disabled because they use fonts to paint navigation elements.
                    I've been using this feature for years and I have never ever come across your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by llort_lemmort View Post

Nothing beats JetBrains Mono!
                      Iosevka with Jetbrains Mono Style set beats either Nothing and Jetbrains Mono.

Check it in Variants à la Carte section in Iosevka website

LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X