• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juarezr View Post

Iosevka rules Mono fonts!
    Nothing beats JetBrains Mono!

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

This is the worst font demo screenshot I've seen in a few years. Ah, Windows XP memories.
      Yeah, check this thread for wonderful screenshots: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-thread.132109

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        Comic Sans for life!
        Look no further. https://github.com/shannpersand/comic-shanns

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post
          Huh. I've been using Noto CJK for years now and I'd never noticed this. I just tested it and you're right, but it only happens with the Noto CJK SC/HK/TC variants, aka the Chinese ones, not with the KR and JP ones. Weird, but I'd bet 100% fixable. I'd tell you to report it upstream, but I'd be really surprised if it's not been already reported.
          Interesting. How do I go about reporting it?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            Also, there's a nice add-on for Firefox called ReFont which allows to disable custom Web fonts which have infested the entire web.
            Why install an add-on for that when Firefox has that option built into the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Why install an add-on for that when Firefox has that option built into the settings?
              1. There's no such option in UI
              2. The option in about:config affects all websites simultaneously while the add-on allows to do that per website or even per webpage.
              3. The add-on allows to specify your own desired fonts.
              Last edited by birdie; 30 December 2021, 02:28 PM. Reason: 3

Comment

Originally posted by uxmkt View Post
                Oh no. I rather feel ashamed that my comment gets 20 Likes. I wrote it at the moment when I realized fonts are a matter of taste and a discussion on this could possibly get very subjective. So I wrote it as a troll with the worst font I could imagine, which also happens to be available in the comment section. I have no idea why people now like it as much as they do.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                  I have no idea why people now like it as much as they do.
                  I had a good chuckle and liked your joke. Comic Sans font itself was already terrible back when we thought Windows XP typography was nice and pleasing.

Hope I'm not taking another bait here, haha.

Comment

I've been using Noto when I still was on Ubuntu but mainly for the looks. And now with Fedora changing it to default just proves once again that it is my most loved distro at the moment. So much good decisions

Comment

Originally posted by ManicRobot View Post

For me it's the other way around, I hate subpixel font rendering with a burning passion, in my opinion those rainbow artifacts you get look way worse than what greyscale font rendering does. But fortunately GNOME Tweaks has a setting for that, so anyone can get what they like, I guess
                      Probably because you haven't got a subpixel filter enabled. Just turning on the rgb rendering without also selecting lcdefault or lcdlight will give you rainbows

Comment

Working...
                      X