No announcement yet.

Manjaro 21.2 Released With Better Btrfs Support, Linux 5.15 LTS Powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The upgrade procedure uninstalled all but one Kernel. It left a 5.13 kernel which was marked as "unsupported".
    I noticed a significant increase in boot time. Time was spent in systemd (I guess). 3 seconds vs. 30-90 seconds. Sometimes an infinite hang. It is somewhat random. Changing Kernels did not really help. I tried 5.10 up to 5.16.

Comment

Michael , I don't really like these helicopter-reviews of distributions. "Let's quickly install distribution xxx so we can write a quick review". How many times a day do you use Calamares once you have the system installed? The real strength of a distribution is only seen in multiple months of daily use. For example: stability over system upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
        Manjaro is Arch just bloated.
        I'm writing from Manjaro, which I've been using daily on my laptop for 18 months after 14 years of Ubuntu exclusivity.
        And it's nowhere near bloated in absolute. I could install Arch if I wanted, but I don't have the time to spare to learn how to install and then for its daily management.
        Manjaro is a much better compromise time-wise, and close enough (with the AUR) to benefit from the base.

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
        Memejaro, brokenjaro...
        It has been rock solid for me (even on unstable). When you are an experienced Linux user, you know when and where to be cautious, and it's very easy to prevent your system from being broken.

Comment

Memejaro, brokenjaro...
          Make fun of Manjaro as much as you wan't, every distribution can break. Out of all the distros I used over the passed by twenty years Manjaro has been the most solid. Of coarse I have had that much time learning how to fix certain things that can bork out.

Your distribution whatever it is, most likely sucks just as bad if not worse.
          Last edited by creative; 24 December 2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Manjaro is Arch just bloated.
            Manjaro shares a lot of commonalities with Arch but it is not Arch. I would argue that XFCE edition and i3wm edition are far from bloated and that what little extras come with those releases are more than likely a nice thing to be had at spare, if not you are splitting hairs. Manjaro as a distro is far from bloated. Compared to Arch? Maybe you should compare a Manjaro Architect installation with Arch instead.

Manjaro has a funny name, people shit on it most likely cause of that, just like some people shit on Toyota for having a funny name, yet Toyota has some of the most reliable engines/cars ever made.

Your distribution whatever it is, most likely sucks just as bad if not worse as well.
            Last edited by creative; 24 December 2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
              I'm writing from Manjaro, which I've been using daily on my laptop for 18 months after 14 years of Ubuntu exclusivity.
              And it's nowhere near bloated in absolute. I could install Arch if I wanted, but I don't have the time to spare to learn how to install and then for its daily management.
              Manjaro is a much better compromise time-wise, and close enough (with the AUR) to benefit from the base.
              Of course that is bloated, you can compare Manjaro to EndeavourOS to realize how much it is bloated, anyway compared to Arch even EndeavourOS is bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post

Manjaro shares a lot of commonalities with Arch but it is not Arch. I would argue that XFCE edition and i3wm edition are far from bloated and that what little extras come with those releases are more than likely a nice thing to be had at spare, if not you are splitting hairs. Manjaro as a distro is far from bloated. Compared to Arch? Maybe you should compare a Manjaro Architect installation with Arch instead.

Manjaro has a funny name, people shit on it most likely cause of that, just like some people shit on Toyota for having a funny name, yet Toyota has some of the most reliable engines/cars ever made.

Your distribution whatever it is, most likely sucks just as bad if not worse as well.
                Manjaro is bloated. If I should choice a rolling bloated distro I would go to OpenSuse Tumbleweed.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post

Make fun of Manjaro as much as you wan't, every distribution can break. Out of all the distros I used over the passed by twenty years Manjaro has been the most solid. Of coarse I have had that much time learning how to fix certain things that can bork out.

Your distribution whatever it is, most likely sucks just as bad if not worse.
                  Manjaro is a meme garbage distro, like PopOS.

>DDoS AUR

Nothing personal, kid.

Comment

Manjaro is a meme garbage distro, like PopOS.

>DDoS AUR

Nothing personal, kid.
                    You say to someone middle aged. Oh look someone thinks themselves smart and superior, oh my, maybe you should treat yourself to more crack, cause you are clearly smoking it and out of your mind.

Comment

Manjaro is bloated. If I should choice a rolling bloated distro I would go to OpenSuse Tumbleweed.
                      Explain how its bloated.

Comment

Working...
                      X